ThinkMacro is a personal website of Dmitry Epstein, an Assistant Professor of Digital Policy in the Department of Communication at the University of Illinois at Chicago. Under the broad umbrella of information, technology, policy, and society, Dmitry studies Internet governance, information technology policy, and civic engagement in policymaking. Here you can find more information about his current research, publications, students, and some of his randomly updated musings.
News and updates:
- CFP: I am helping to organize an ICA pre-conference on power, communication, and technology in Internet governance. Please see the full call on the GigaNet website and consider submitting your work! The deadline is Jan 15.
- CFP: Francesca Musiani, Christian Katzenbach, and I are editing a special issue of Internet Policy Review titled “Doing internet governance: practices, controversies, infrastructures, and institutions.” We seek papers taking a perspective on Internet governance that is informed by Science and Technology Studies (STS). Check out the full call and please consider sending us your work. Initial abstracts are due on Jan. 15 and full paper are due on Apr. 25, 2016.
- Dec. 2015: I will be in Israel giving a keynote at the “Metaksherim” conference, talking at an Internet governance round-table, and presenting at two colloquia.
- Dec 13: “Metaksherim” conference, University of Haifa.
- Dec 22: Department of Communication, Ben-Gurion University.
- Dec 24: Internet governance round-table, Israeli Ministry of Communication.
- Dec 29: School of Communication, IDC Herzliya.