ThinkMacro is a personal website of Dmitry Epstein, an Assistant Professor of Digital Policy in the Department of Communication at the University of Illinois at Chicago. Under the broad umbrella of information, technology, policy, and society, Dmitry studies Internet governance, information technology policy, and civic engagement in policymaking. Here you can find more information about his current research, publications, students, and some of his randomly updated musings.
News and updates:
- In January 2016 I was elected as a vice-Chair of GigaNet (Global Internet Governance Academic Network). I am really excited to start this new role and thankful for everyone who showed their support for me in this election.
- March 25: I will be giving a CRADLE talk in the School of Information and Library Science at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.
- March 30: I will be giving a colloquium talk in the Department of Life Science Communication at the University of Wisconsin-Madison
- I am helping to organize an ICA pre-conference on power, communication, and technology in Internet governance. You can find the full call on the GigaNet website, although the deadline for submissions has passed. Stay tuned for the program!
- Francesca Musiani, Christian Katzenbach, and I are editing a special issue of Internet Policy Review titled “Doing internet governance: practices, controversies, infrastructures, and institutions.” The deadline for submissions has passed, but you can read our original CFP. I will post an update once the issue is out.